K-1 fiance visas allow American citizens to bring their fiancé to the States for the purposes of marriage. Under the K-1 fiance visa, your fiancé has the authorization to reside and work in the United States. When a fiance from a foreign nation enters the United States, that person has 90 days to get married and to apply for permanent residency.
In order to qualify for the K-1 fiance visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- The person requesting the visa on behalf of his/her fiancé must be an American citizen.
- The two individuals (the citizen and his/her fiancé) should be free to marry legally.
- The citizen and the foreign national betrothed must meet in person within two years of having filed the petition.
- The two individuals must have the intention to marry within 90 days after the arrival of the foreign national betrothed to the United States.
- The person must meet the financial requirements demanded by the United States government.
If you need assistance with any step of the process when filing for a K-1 Fiancé Visa or K-3 Marriage Visa, don't settle for less and call the experienced attorneys at Gomez & Uzcategui.